Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hotel Tikki Boat


MAHALO to Bill Boid, who lent me his Tikki boat to stay on for the weekend, and let me be his guest in the Hawaii Yacht Club (see link). Peaceful, in the water, among the boats. There's a wireless service here which reaches to the harbour, so I was able to work here, too. Breakfast Sunday morning in HWC was nothing less than pleasure, with a good vegetarian mexican egg omelett with avocados and fruit and a view of the ocean. Friday evening everyone gathered for the beer bash after the race I missed because I didn't meet the crew of "Country Boy" a sleek black FAR 37 sailing boat. The race looked, with about 30 boats, amazing from the shoreline, with the trade winds.


Mahalo to HWC for usage of the panoramic images, its a great place. The club is the two story building in the center of both pan. images.
Waikiki shows America at its best, full of immature and mostly overweight Americans buying stuff, and arrogant Japanese with the worst manners I've seen.
Saw an amazing painter, who painted letters on a horizontal piece of large paper, using lots of little one inch triangular sponges, dipped into different colors on each end to create fading colorful effects when drawing. I would have got one, but I'm currently broke.
There was a beach presentation of a Hawaiin culture group with instruments, drums, singing and yellow tshirts complete with leis - one comment was of the Hawaiians' love of the land, and how we honor that today. I had to laugh, considering the real-estate frenzy of the current land owners.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home