Saturday, December 31, 2005

Surf Report Last Day of 2005

So there's another hi surf warning, and the radio stations are wishing a 'safe' new year, along with a comment, to stay away from any ocean on the western and northern beaches. 'Stay on the dry sand', meaning not to be surprised by peak sets crashing onto the beach. I guess max wave sizes on the outer reefs will be 20 ft, but that still leaves my favorite beach, Davidsons, right in front of the house, a pleasant/survivable 3-7 on peaks. The minimal I got from Kolea is great.

Kekaha

Fun Davidsons: the waves here the last two mornings have been perfect for me, nice, slow but powerful waves, and even though its over a reef, I can easily avoid being pushed onto the rocks and getting reef rash. normal sets are 4-5 ft with the occasional 8ft inbetween. definitely longboard waves here! rides are 50-200 m long, making the paddle out rather tiring.

Surf at Kekaha

Lifeguards are watching out. Kaleo gave me a yellow lifeguard shirt, I probably look ridiculous in it, white western boy, all the lifeguards here are Hawaiian.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shit - auf der welle will ich sein! (bild 1 of 4)

s++

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home